Intossicazione acuta accidentale da vapori di mercurio in ambiente domestico.

Translated title of the contribution: Acute accidental poisoning by mercury vapors in the home environment

F. Candura, G. Biscaldi, C. Minoia, T. Malamani, E. Bosio, G. Catenacci, R. Fonte, M. Mattia

Research output: Contribution to journalArticlepeer-review

Abstract

The authors report 2 cases of acute mercury intoxication due to accidental breakage of barometer on to a lit gas ring. Within 24-48 hours the subjects developed neurological, gastrointestinal and dermatological symptoms. A 24-hour urine sample contained 600 and 400 micrograms of mercury per liter respectively (reference value 0.1-6.9 micrograms/L); blood concentration of mercury was 130 and 100 micrograms per liter (reference value 1.7-9.9 micrograms/L). The patients were treated with penicillamine and daily excretion of mercury was monitored. The residual sources of pollution in the kitchen were identified and bonificated.

Translated title of the contributionAcute accidental poisoning by mercury vapors in the home environment
Original languageItalian
Pages (from-to)209-213
Number of pages5
JournalGiornale Italiano di Medicina del Lavoro
Volume11
Issue number5
Publication statusPublished - Sep 1989

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health
  • Rehabilitation

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Acute accidental poisoning by mercury vapors in the home environment'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

Cite this