RATIONALE: Within a rapidly expanding therapeutic armamentarium, the combination of everolimus (Eve) plus exemestane (Exe) utility needs to be reinstated in hormone receptor positive (HR+), human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 negative (HER2-) metastatic breast cancer (MBC).
PATIENT CONCERNS: We herein report on a patient affected by HR+ HER2- MBC treated with radical surgery after neoadjuvant chemotherapy, who relapsed early on adjuvant tamoxifen, progressed rapidly on first line anastrozole, and failed treatment with third line capecitabine.
DIAGNOSES: Metastatic luminal breast cancer progressed under standard endocrine therapy and chemotherapy.
INTERVENTIONS: Third line with Eve plus Exe was given after chemotherapy.
OUTCOMES: Patient experienced a 5-year progression free interval.
LESSONS: Eve plus Exe remains a valid option in HR+HER2- MBC.
- Androstadienes/administration & dosage
- Antineoplastic Combined Chemotherapy Protocols
- Breast Neoplasms/diagnosis
- Carcinoma, Lobular/diagnosis
- Everolimus/administration & dosage
- Liver Neoplasms/diagnosis
- Middle Aged
- Progression-Free Survival