High-dose epirubicin in patients with advanced or recurrent uterine sarcoma

A. Lissoni, G. Cormio, N. Colombo, A. Gabriele, F. Landoni, G. Zanetta, C. Mangioni

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

Abstract

Twenty patients with advanced or recurrent uterine sarcoma who had not received prior chemotherapy, were treated with epirubicin 120 mgm-2 intravenously every 3 weeks. Four patients (20%) achieved complete response (pathologically confirmed in three cases) and three (15%) achieved partial response. The overall response rate was 35% (95% CI: 15-59), no response was observed for pelvic lesions in previously irradiated areas. Three patients (15%) exhibited stable disease, while 10 (50%) had progressive disease. The median number of courses was six in responders and two in non-responders. The median survival was 48 months (range 19-50+ months) in responders and 6 months (range 2-18 months) in non-responders. Adverse effects consisted primarily of myelosuppression, nausea and vomiting. No patients experienced life-threatening toxicity. High-dose epirubicin appears to be active in patients with advanced or recurrent uterine sarcoma.

Original languageEnglish
Pages (from-to)241-244
Number of pages4
JournalInternational Journal of Gynecological Cancer
Volume7
Issue number3
Publication statusPublished - 1997

    Fingerprint

Keywords

  • Epirubicin
  • Uterine sarcoma

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Cancer Research
  • Obstetrics and Gynaecology
  • Oncology

Cite this

Lissoni, A., Cormio, G., Colombo, N., Gabriele, A., Landoni, F., Zanetta, G., & Mangioni, C. (1997). High-dose epirubicin in patients with advanced or recurrent uterine sarcoma. International Journal of Gynecological Cancer, 7(3), 241-244.