Osteoporosis is a serious public health problem. The incidence of osteoporotic fractures increases with age. As life expectancy increases, social costs associated with osteoporotic fractures will multiply exponentially. The early diagnosis of osteoporosis, thanks to evermore precise devices, becomes, therefore, fundamental to prevent complications of disease and unnecessary suffering.
- DXA (dual X-ray absorptiometry)
- MR (magnetic resonance)
- QCT (quantitative computed tomography)
- QUS (quantitative ultrasound)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Radiological and Ultrasound Technology