The first cases of COVID-19 infection were reported in December, 2019, in Wuhan, China. Italy (in particular Lombardy) and France (in particular Northeast) have been gravely hit. Both physicians and inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) patients are deeply concerned that immunosuppressants or biologics may increase the risk of COVID-19 infection. IOIBD has put in place an international registry, SECURE-IBD, for tracking all the cases with IBDs infected by COVID-19 (SECURE-IBD registry: http://www.covidibd.org). It will describe the outcomes of infected patients and the association between IBD-related medications and these outcomes.
- Betacoronavirus/isolation & purification
- Coronavirus Infections/epidemiology
- Immunocompromised Host
- Inflammatory Bowel Diseases/complications
- Pneumonia, Viral/epidemiology
- Registries/statistics & numerical data