Intercostal artery pseudoaneurysm is a rare but life-threatening complication. Herein we report an unusual case of an intercostal artery pseudoaneurysm caused by computed tomography-guided percutaneous fine needle aspiration lung biopsy and successfully treated with endovascular embolization. Radiologists performing percutaneous fine needle aspiration lung biopsies should be aware of this rare potential complication.
- computed tomography-guided percutaneous fine needle aspiration lung biopsy
- intercostal artery pseudoaneurysm
- interventional endovascular treatment
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Radiology Nuclear Medicine and imaging
- Pulmonary and Respiratory Medicine