Long term growth hormone (GH)-releasing hormone and biosynthetic GH therapy in GH-deficient children: comparison of therapeutic effectiveness

M. Bozzola, I. Biscaldi, M. Cisternino, F. Severi, A. Balsamo, E. Cacciari, C. Pellini, G. Chiumello, G. L. Spadoni, B. Boscherini, S. Bernasconi, L. Benso, G. Cavagnini, E. Spolettini, F. Antoniazzi, L. Tatò

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

6 Citations (Scopus)

Abstract

Twenty-five GH-deficient children were treated with GHRH (1-44), once daily sc for 6–24 months. At the 6th month of therapy, 40% of our patients showed a catch-up growth (responded), while the remaining 60% did not (nonre-sponders). No differences in auxological and biological variables at inclusion were found between the two groups. However, integrated GH secretion elicited by iv GHRH at inclusion was significantly (p

Original languageEnglish
Pages (from-to)235-239
Number of pages5
JournalJournal of Endocrinological Investigation
Volume13
Issue number3
DOIs
Publication statusPublished - 1990

Fingerprint

Growth Hormone-Releasing Hormone
Growth Hormone
Therapeutics
Growth

Keywords

  • GH therapy
  • GH-deficiency
  • GHRH therapy

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Endocrinology
  • Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism

Cite this

Long term growth hormone (GH)-releasing hormone and biosynthetic GH therapy in GH-deficient children : comparison of therapeutic effectiveness. / Bozzola, M.; Biscaldi, I.; Cisternino, M.; Severi, F.; Balsamo, A.; Cacciari, E.; Pellini, C.; Chiumello, G.; Spadoni, G. L.; Boscherini, B.; Bernasconi, S.; Benso, L.; Cavagnini, G.; Spolettini, E.; Antoniazzi, F.; Tatò, L.

In: Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, Vol. 13, No. 3, 1990, p. 235-239.

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

Bozzola, M, Biscaldi, I, Cisternino, M, Severi, F, Balsamo, A, Cacciari, E, Pellini, C, Chiumello, G, Spadoni, GL, Boscherini, B, Bernasconi, S, Benso, L, Cavagnini, G, Spolettini, E, Antoniazzi, F & Tatò, L 1990, 'Long term growth hormone (GH)-releasing hormone and biosynthetic GH therapy in GH-deficient children: comparison of therapeutic effectiveness', Journal of Endocrinological Investigation, vol. 13, no. 3, pp. 235-239. https://doi.org/10.1007/BF03349547
Bozzola, M. ; Biscaldi, I. ; Cisternino, M. ; Severi, F. ; Balsamo, A. ; Cacciari, E. ; Pellini, C. ; Chiumello, G. ; Spadoni, G. L. ; Boscherini, B. ; Bernasconi, S. ; Benso, L. ; Cavagnini, G. ; Spolettini, E. ; Antoniazzi, F. ; Tatò, L. / Long term growth hormone (GH)-releasing hormone and biosynthetic GH therapy in GH-deficient children : comparison of therapeutic effectiveness. In: Journal of Endocrinological Investigation. 1990 ; Vol. 13, No. 3. pp. 235-239.
@article{68af64a93837496b9a2700ec889bf0a1,
title = "Long term growth hormone (GH)-releasing hormone and biosynthetic GH therapy in GH-deficient children: comparison of therapeutic effectiveness",
abstract = "Twenty-five GH-deficient children were treated with GHRH (1-44), once daily sc for 6–24 months. At the 6th month of therapy, 40{\%} of our patients showed a catch-up growth (responded), while the remaining 60{\%} did not (nonre-sponders). No differences in auxological and biological variables at inclusion were found between the two groups. However, integrated GH secretion elicited by iv GHRH at inclusion was significantly (p",
keywords = "GH therapy, GH-deficiency, GHRH therapy",
author = "M. Bozzola and I. Biscaldi and M. Cisternino and F. Severi and A. Balsamo and E. Cacciari and C. Pellini and G. Chiumello and Spadoni, {G. L.} and B. Boscherini and S. Bernasconi and L. Benso and G. Cavagnini and E. Spolettini and F. Antoniazzi and L. Tat{\`o}",
year = "1990",
doi = "10.1007/BF03349547",
language = "English",
volume = "13",
pages = "235--239",
journal = "Journal of Endocrinological Investigation",
issn = "0391-4097",
publisher = "Springer International Publishing",
number = "3",

}

TY - JOUR

T1 - Long term growth hormone (GH)-releasing hormone and biosynthetic GH therapy in GH-deficient children

T2 - comparison of therapeutic effectiveness

AU - Bozzola, M.

AU - Biscaldi, I.

AU - Cisternino, M.

AU - Severi, F.

AU - Balsamo, A.

AU - Cacciari, E.

AU - Pellini, C.

AU - Chiumello, G.

AU - Spadoni, G. L.

AU - Boscherini, B.

AU - Bernasconi, S.

AU - Benso, L.

AU - Cavagnini, G.

AU - Spolettini, E.

AU - Antoniazzi, F.

AU - Tatò, L.

PY - 1990

Y1 - 1990

N2 - Twenty-five GH-deficient children were treated with GHRH (1-44), once daily sc for 6–24 months. At the 6th month of therapy, 40% of our patients showed a catch-up growth (responded), while the remaining 60% did not (nonre-sponders). No differences in auxological and biological variables at inclusion were found between the two groups. However, integrated GH secretion elicited by iv GHRH at inclusion was significantly (p

AB - Twenty-five GH-deficient children were treated with GHRH (1-44), once daily sc for 6–24 months. At the 6th month of therapy, 40% of our patients showed a catch-up growth (responded), while the remaining 60% did not (nonre-sponders). No differences in auxological and biological variables at inclusion were found between the two groups. However, integrated GH secretion elicited by iv GHRH at inclusion was significantly (p

KW - GH therapy

KW - GH-deficiency

KW - GHRH therapy

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=0025343057&partnerID=8YFLogxK

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=0025343057&partnerID=8YFLogxK

U2 - 10.1007/BF03349547

DO - 10.1007/BF03349547

M3 - Article

C2 - 2195098

AN - SCOPUS:0025343057

VL - 13

SP - 235

EP - 239

JO - Journal of Endocrinological Investigation

JF - Journal of Endocrinological Investigation

SN - 0391-4097

IS - 3

ER -