A previously unreported epileptic condition characterised by onset before 6 months of age, nearly continuous electroencephalographic seizures involving multiple independent areas originating in both hemispheres, no identifiable cause, and poor outcome has been described by Coppola et al. We report three cases presenting the same clinical and EEG pictures. They show a peculiar epileptic condition unlike the other early epileptogenic encephalopathies, so they may represent a new infantile epileptic syndrome.
- Continuous multifocal EEG seizures
- Epileptogenic encephalopathies
- Migrating partial seizures
- Psychomotor developmental arrest
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Clinical Neurology
- Pediatrics, Perinatology, and Child Health