Salvage chemotherapy for non Hodgkin's lymphoma of unfavourable histology with a combination of CCNU and vinblastine

G. Palmieri, R. Lauria, F. Caponigro, C. Pagliarulo, V. Montesarchio, F. Nuzzo, C. Gridelli, A. R. Bianco

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

6 Citations (Scopus)

Abstract

Twenty patients with relapsed or refractory, intermediate or high grade non Hodgkin's lymphoma were treated with a combination of CCNU and vinblastine. Complete responses occurred in four patients (20 per cent), partial responses in eight (40 per cent), for an overall response rate of 60 per cent. The regimen was more effective in patients with high grade lymphoma, absence of constitutional symptoms, better response to prior treatment. Duration of response was 4, 8, 16, 30 months for complete responders; 2, 2, 6, 6, 6, 8, 9, 14 months for partial responders. This combination regimen seems at least as effective as most of other regimens utilized in salvage treatment of non Hodgkin's lymphomas, with a very acceptable toxicity.

Original languageEnglish
Pages (from-to)179-183
Number of pages5
JournalHematological Oncology
Volume8
Issue number4
Publication statusPublished - 1990

Fingerprint

Lomustine
Vinblastine
Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma
Histology
Drug Therapy
Salvage Therapy

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Cancer Research
  • Hematology
  • Oncology

Cite this

Salvage chemotherapy for non Hodgkin's lymphoma of unfavourable histology with a combination of CCNU and vinblastine. / Palmieri, G.; Lauria, R.; Caponigro, F.; Pagliarulo, C.; Montesarchio, V.; Nuzzo, F.; Gridelli, C.; Bianco, A. R.

In: Hematological Oncology, Vol. 8, No. 4, 1990, p. 179-183.

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

Palmieri, G, Lauria, R, Caponigro, F, Pagliarulo, C, Montesarchio, V, Nuzzo, F, Gridelli, C & Bianco, AR 1990, 'Salvage chemotherapy for non Hodgkin's lymphoma of unfavourable histology with a combination of CCNU and vinblastine', Hematological Oncology, vol. 8, no. 4, pp. 179-183.
Palmieri, G. ; Lauria, R. ; Caponigro, F. ; Pagliarulo, C. ; Montesarchio, V. ; Nuzzo, F. ; Gridelli, C. ; Bianco, A. R. / Salvage chemotherapy for non Hodgkin's lymphoma of unfavourable histology with a combination of CCNU and vinblastine. In: Hematological Oncology. 1990 ; Vol. 8, No. 4. pp. 179-183.
@article{a9453633210b4cb8964f866e35b2db51,
title = "Salvage chemotherapy for non Hodgkin's lymphoma of unfavourable histology with a combination of CCNU and vinblastine",
abstract = "Twenty patients with relapsed or refractory, intermediate or high grade non Hodgkin's lymphoma were treated with a combination of CCNU and vinblastine. Complete responses occurred in four patients (20 per cent), partial responses in eight (40 per cent), for an overall response rate of 60 per cent. The regimen was more effective in patients with high grade lymphoma, absence of constitutional symptoms, better response to prior treatment. Duration of response was 4, 8, 16, 30 months for complete responders; 2, 2, 6, 6, 6, 8, 9, 14 months for partial responders. This combination regimen seems at least as effective as most of other regimens utilized in salvage treatment of non Hodgkin's lymphomas, with a very acceptable toxicity.",
author = "G. Palmieri and R. Lauria and F. Caponigro and C. Pagliarulo and V. Montesarchio and F. Nuzzo and C. Gridelli and Bianco, {A. R.}",
year = "1990",
language = "English",
volume = "8",
pages = "179--183",
journal = "Hematological Oncology",
issn = "0278-0232",
publisher = "wiley",
number = "4",

}

TY - JOUR

T1 - Salvage chemotherapy for non Hodgkin's lymphoma of unfavourable histology with a combination of CCNU and vinblastine

AU - Palmieri, G.

AU - Lauria, R.

AU - Caponigro, F.

AU - Pagliarulo, C.

AU - Montesarchio, V.

AU - Nuzzo, F.

AU - Gridelli, C.

AU - Bianco, A. R.

PY - 1990

Y1 - 1990

N2 - Twenty patients with relapsed or refractory, intermediate or high grade non Hodgkin's lymphoma were treated with a combination of CCNU and vinblastine. Complete responses occurred in four patients (20 per cent), partial responses in eight (40 per cent), for an overall response rate of 60 per cent. The regimen was more effective in patients with high grade lymphoma, absence of constitutional symptoms, better response to prior treatment. Duration of response was 4, 8, 16, 30 months for complete responders; 2, 2, 6, 6, 6, 8, 9, 14 months for partial responders. This combination regimen seems at least as effective as most of other regimens utilized in salvage treatment of non Hodgkin's lymphomas, with a very acceptable toxicity.

AB - Twenty patients with relapsed or refractory, intermediate or high grade non Hodgkin's lymphoma were treated with a combination of CCNU and vinblastine. Complete responses occurred in four patients (20 per cent), partial responses in eight (40 per cent), for an overall response rate of 60 per cent. The regimen was more effective in patients with high grade lymphoma, absence of constitutional symptoms, better response to prior treatment. Duration of response was 4, 8, 16, 30 months for complete responders; 2, 2, 6, 6, 6, 8, 9, 14 months for partial responders. This combination regimen seems at least as effective as most of other regimens utilized in salvage treatment of non Hodgkin's lymphomas, with a very acceptable toxicity.

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/record.url?scp=0025135153&partnerID=8YFLogxK

UR - http://www.scopus.com/inward/citedby.url?scp=0025135153&partnerID=8YFLogxK

M3 - Article

C2 - 2210686

AN - SCOPUS:0025135153

VL - 8

SP - 179

EP - 183

JO - Hematological Oncology

JF - Hematological Oncology

SN - 0278-0232

IS - 4

ER -