Ius e TVT Secur sistem: Risultati di uno studio multicentrico osservazionale prospettico. Morbidità e percentuale di successo a breve termine

Translated title of the contribution: Sui and TVT Secur system: Results of a prospective observational multicentric study. Morbidity and short-term percentages of success

F. Bernasconi, V. Napolitano, M. Primicerio, D. Lijoi, E. Leone, F. Armitano, M. Luerti, G. C. Sugliano, D. Vitobello, D. Riva, D. Gregori

Research output: Contribution to journalArticle

Abstract

The aim of this study was to evaluate perioperative morbidity and shortterm efficacy of TVT-Secur in treating female stress urinary incontinence. Data from 147 patients with urodynamic and/or occult SUI who were treated with TVTsecur in each single centre between 1st March 2007 and 31st December 2007 were collected. In positioning the sling, 74.8% of the surgeons chose the transobturator approach (110/147) and the remaining 25.2% chose the retropubic one. In 64.6% of patients (95/147) with urethral hypermobility and cystocoele ==200ml. Post-operative morbidity was represented by 1 haematoma that disappeared spontaneously; 1 case of temporary pain that stopped within 7 days; 8 patients had urinating difficulties (RV>100ml), 5 of whom were in Group B. At the short-term follow up this technique's success percentage with respect to the total population was 87.5% (119/136), 85.3% in Group A (81/95) and 90.3% (37/41) in Group B. The data collected show that when treating female stress urinary incontinence, TVTsecur represents an innovative, simpler and safer, therapeutic alternative, and its efficacy equals that of retropubic and/or transobturator traditional midurethral slings.

Translated title of the contributionSui and TVT Secur system: Results of a prospective observational multicentric study. Morbidity and short-term percentages of success
Original languageItalian
Pages (from-to)31-53
Number of pages23
JournalUrogynaecologia International Journal
Volume23
Issue number3
DOIs
Publication statusPublished - 2009

ASJC Scopus subject areas

  • Obstetrics and Gynaecology
  • Urology

Fingerprint Dive into the research topics of 'Sui and TVT Secur system: Results of a prospective observational multicentric study. Morbidity and short-term percentages of success'. Together they form a unique fingerprint.

  • Cite this

    Bernasconi, F., Napolitano, V., Primicerio, M., Lijoi, D., Leone, E., Armitano, F., Luerti, M., Sugliano, G. C., Vitobello, D., Riva, D., & Gregori, D. (2009). Ius e TVT Secur sistem: Risultati di uno studio multicentrico osservazionale prospettico. Morbidità e percentuale di successo a breve termine. Urogynaecologia International Journal, 23(3), 31-53. https://doi.org/10.4081/uij.2009.3.31