Linkage relationships between DNA polymorphism metH/TaqI as well as KM19/PstI and the mutation causing cystic fibrosis (CF) were analyzed in 48 families from Slovakia with th occurrence of CF. The polymorphism metH/TaqI did not show linkage disequilibrium with CF mutation. A pronounced allelic association was however found between CF mutation and KM19/PstI polymorphism. Of the 83 CF chromosomes analyzed, the given mutation was associated with the 6.6 kb allele in 82% of cases, while the rate of this allele in chromosomes without the mutation amounts only to 24%. The value of the standardized disequilibrium coefficient SCD = 0.58. Delta F508 deletion was addressly studied in 25 patients (i.e. 50 CF chromosomes). Of the 50 CF mutations, the given deletion was in 64% (32), while the remaining 36% (18) of mutations were of other, closely not identified types. Delta F508 deletion is in marked allelic association with the 6.6 kb allele of KM19/PstI polymorphism (SCD = 0.68). Between the given allele of KM19/PstI polymorphism and CF mutation no other allelic association was found but with delta F508. (Tab. 6, Fig. 1, Ref. 18).
|Translated title of the contribution||The delta F508 mutation which causes cystic fibrosis and its association with closely linked DNA polymorphisms in the Slovak population|
|Number of pages||5|
|Journal||Bratislavské lekárske listy|
|Publication status||Published - Mar 1992|
ASJC Scopus subject areas