Alterations of the intracranial pressure (ICP) may be present in several conditions. The aim of this brief review is to focus on two relatively rare conditions characterized by alterations in cerebro-spinal fluid dynamics- Spontaneous Intracranial hypotension (SIH) and Idiopathic Intracranial hypertension (IIH)-in which headache is one of the key symptoms. The most relevant clinical features, the expected MRI findings, and the therapeutic options regarding both conditions are discussed.
- Cerebro-spinal fluid (CSF)
- Idiopathic intracranial hypertension (IIH)
- Intracranial pressure (ICP)
- Spontaneous intracranial hypotension (SIH)
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Clinical Neurology
- Psychiatry and Mental health