Two cases of severe intoxication after ingestion of cooked tuna fish were observed. Symptoms and clinical signs were consistent with the scombroid syndrome. Cardiovascular shock was observed in both patients and was associated with subendocardial myocardial infarction in 1 case and acute pulmonary edema with myocardial ischemia in the other. The importance of ECG monitoring in the Intensive Coronary Care Unit is stressed.
|Translated title of the contribution||Two cases of "scombroid syndrome" with severe cardiovascular compromise|
|Number of pages||4|
|Publication status||Published - Dec 1997|
ASJC Scopus subject areas
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Medicine